- EARS is a European network of departments and faculties of Theology and/or Religious Studies. Its goal is to make academic knowledge in the domain of religion available to all who are interested in the phenomenon and dynamics of religion, emphasising the importance of such knowledge in our society.
- EARS has a non-confessional base and is comprised of departments and faculties with a research-based profile. It organises conferences and meetings of specialists; it publishes the results of its meetings; and presents its opinions on religious matters to politicians and other decision makers.
- The structure of EARS is based on different types of partnership (participants, partners and founding partners). Its board is composed of representatives of the Faculties/Departments of Theology and/or Religious Studies of Amsterdam, Berlin, Strasbourg, Lund, Oslo, and Vienna.
- EARS has been founded according to Dutch law and it is recognised as a Public Benefit Organisation (Algemeen Nut Beogende Instelling).
- Want to know more about EARS? Please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org